Workforce Singapore Agency (WSG) and SAAA@Singapore are to commit to the Programme from 1 June 2017 to 31 May 2019.
The target of the Programme comprises of new hires undergoing skills conversion PMETs who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
The Programme aims at enabling Professional, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs) to switch careers by facilitating placements into hiring companies and putting them through industry-recognised training programs to acquire the necessary skills for the new occupations.
- Programme Duration: 6 months which comprises of Classroom Training and On-the-Job Training
- Classroom Training: 6 days
- Supply Chain Overview (1-day) + IATA Dangerous Goods Initial Course (5-day)
- Supply Chain Overview (1-day) + IATA Cargo Introductory Course (5-day)
- On-the-Job Training: 22 weeks, to be customised by the participating company to further strengthen the participants’ logistics skills sets.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
1) PMETs who are Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
2) Participants must be new hires (less than 3 months with company) and nominated by an eligible participating company for the PCP
3) Participants must not be in a similar job role prior to joining PCP and have at least 2 year of working experience
Upon successfully meeting the passing requirements of the respective course, participants will be awarded:
- Certificate of Completion, issued by SAAA@Singapore, and
- Certificate of Achievement for DGR Initial Course, issued by SAAA Cargo Services Pte Ltd (IATA Authorized Training Centre), or
- Certificate for IATA Cargo Introductory Course, issued by IATA.
Course Fee: S$1,500.00 (Price exclusive 7% GST)
Course Fee after WSG Subsidy: S$450 (Price exclusive 7% GST)
SAAA will reimburse the Salary Support to participating companies upon their submission of required documents.
- Up to 70% of the trainee’s monthly salary, capped at $2,000 per trainee per month, for the duration of the programme
- Up to 90%* of the trainee’s monthly salary, capped at $4,000 per trainee per month, for the programme duration.
- * Eligible PMETs who are Singapore Citizens aged 40 years old and above, and/or Singapore Citizens who have been unemployed for more than six months
WITHDRAWAL AND REFUND OF FEES
Applicants who have been accepted into a course and subsequently decide to withdraw from the course are required to serve notice in writing to SAAA@Singapore / SAAA Cargo Services Pte Ltd through their respective companies.
Upon receipt of the notice, SAAA@Singapore / SAAA Cargo Services Pte Ltd may refund part of the course fee as tabulated below:
|Written Notice Received by SAAA@Singapore / SAAA Cargo Services Pte Ltd||Percentage of Fees Refundable|
|More than 14 days before commencement||90%|
|Less than 14 days before commencement||70%|
|Less than 5 days before commencement||No Refund|